I WAS WONDERING WHY MY CAR SHAKES FOR ABOUT 10-15 MINUTES WHEN I START IN THE MORNING.

2000 Ford Taurus

Lindurzz

October, 28, 2011 AT 3:48 PM

Then it is driven fine for the rest of the day.

October, 28, 2011 AT 3:55 PM

How long since you did a tune up, that is, plugs, wires and such? If it clears up, it could be just the coil.

Lindurzz

October, 28, 2011 AT 3:58 PM

Havent had anything done to it since I bought it.

October, 28, 2011 AT 4:02 PM

Might be a good start to go with plugs, wires and coil. It may take care of it.

Lindurzz

October, 28, 2011 AT 4:06 PM

Ok thank you for your time. How much do you think this will cost? I am a 17 yr old in high school and don't want mechanics to take advantage.

October, 28, 2011 AT 4:16 PM

Plugs and labor about 90 wires 29 for parts and 45 in labor coil is 79 and 45 in labor

October, 28, 2011 AT 4:38 PM

THIS INFO BELOW, MAY HELP YOU WITH ANY VEHICLE YOU ENCOUNTER

Your vehicle constantly needs attention. Preventative Maintenance and regular Servicing.

Any new addition to "Our Fleet" (mine, family) Gets the "Every Fluid in it changed immediately treatment". No matter what was said. You just can't trust, most other folks. But you do know when it was last changed, doing it my way!

A Chilton or Hayne's Repair manual for your specific year and model, will tell you what needs to be checked and serviced, either in a "Mileage or a Time Schedule" ----This would be in the "Scheduled Maintenance" Section. THIS SECTION WILL SHOW YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO CATCH UP ON. OR DO, AS IT MAY NEVER HAVE BEEN DONE BY THE PREVIOUS OWNER!

They're about $30, at the auto parts store. Worth it!

The Cool thing is, the book will show you how to do most of this. ----"Tune up" and "Repair" sections. Some things just "BREAK" or need Special attention. Between the Maintenance Schedules!

It even has a "Troubleshooting" Section

Step X step repairs, w/ cautions, w/ torque specs, good diagrams and pics

Some things are a "MUST", like CHANGING A TIMING BELT, ON SCHEDULE!

Many references I've seen say "60,000 miles" ---(Dependent on vehicle)

Failure to do this means, one day, your timing belt breaks, which may SHELL OUT YOUR VALVES, when the PISTONS hit them (IF THIS IS AN INTERFERENCE ENGINE).A $50 belt, just turned into A $2500 or More repair!

I do not know a lot about your car, As I still drive the vehicles, that I have taken care of over the years.I got my start with these Type manuals.

You will see the wear and tear, and the number of references I have JUST FOR MY JEEPS!

"Mr. Jeep" is "35" Years Young, "Willy" Is "65" Years Young---Both are Daily Drivers, Mr. Jeep is my Primary. Willy is my Baby!

Mine being an example. You take care of them religiously. THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. Forever!

I'm not a professional mechanic either, I have picked up many things over the years.I trust "Copyrighted Print" more than "Word of Mouth" as far as "Trust-able Vehicle Info", I use to work on my stuff.I still use them to work on newer stuff (such as yours)

I drive y Jeeps daily---only shop they have been in in over 20 years is my garage. Wheel alignments!

******You still need to catch up on the things you/ they have neglected******

Stuff you do not understand, or not understand in your repair manual, come here and ask, then the book may make better since!

Xmanual

Your Turn

The Medic

October, 28, 2011 AT 4:43 PM

"Sense"!

The Medic

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front