CAR IS LEAKING ANTIFREEZE

2000 Ford Taurus

batcat1234

June, 4, 2014 AT 5:45 AM

My car leaks antifreeze when I park I put a new radiator hose on it now it's leaking under the radiator side it leak when I park for a minute then it stops

saturntech9

June, 4, 2014 AT 6:00 AM

Hows the radiator cap?Your going have to pressure test the cooling system and see where its leaking.

batcat1234

June, 4, 2014 AT 6:15 AM

What you mean how is the radiator cap how do I test the coolant pressure

saturntech9

June, 4, 2014 AT 6:50 AM

If you have a weak radiator cap you could leak coolant after you shut it off if its not holding the correct pressure. Also you can rent a coolant pressure tester at auto zone you hook it where your radiator cap goes and pump up the system to find coolant leaks.

batcat1234

June, 4, 2014 AT 6:57 AM

Where's the radiator cap located at on a 2000 ford tarus

racefan966

June, 4, 2014 AT 8:45 AM

I would say have it pressure tested to make sure what it is. It could be the hose from the over flow tank to the radiator or a water pump or even a head gasket as these are known for that. A pressure test will show the leak. If it seems to be a head gasket then have a chemical test done to prove that. Hope this helps.

batcat1234

June, 4, 2014 AT 9:02 AM

Head gasket the water is leaking under the radiator side along with the antifreeze. What's a head gasket

saturntech9

June, 4, 2014 AT 12:11 PM

The gasket is the gasket between the the head and the engine block that keeps coolant and compression where it needs to be. If its leak by the radiator again you need to rent a pressure tester kit at auto zone like I suggested before.

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Hoses and Thermostat Replacement
Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet