MY ALTERNATOR BELT CAME OF DOES YOU HAVE A IDEA ...

2000 Ford Taurus

batkat1234

March, 11, 2013 AT 3:14 AM

My alternator belt came of does you have a idea why my power steering pump has a link when I looked under my hood my power steering cap was off could that be why my belt came off I have a 2000 ford taurus.

Randico

March, 11, 2013 AT 3:19 AM

Yes that can be. If you got power steering fluid on the belt a new belt will have to be in order, As for the power steering cap being off, yes that will make a leak, which depends on how much fluid was in there.

batkat1234

March, 11, 2013 AT 4:03 AM

Yes my power steering pump is gone out but I still put fluid in there to make it easy to turn but the fluids comes back up from the cap is it easy to put that alternator belt back on

batkat1234

March, 11, 2013 AT 4:05 AM

Is it possible that my alternator belt broke because its not on my car at all or could it had just came all the way off

Jacobandnickolas

March, 11, 2013 AT 12:36 PM

It could be either, it broke or came off.

batkat1234

March, 11, 2013 AT 7:07 PM

What would make my alternator belt break off or come off

Jacobandnickolas

March, 12, 2013 AT 12:24 AM

It could have been worn and broke or the tensionier may have gotten weak and the belt came off.

batkat1234

March, 12, 2013 AT 6:23 AM

What is a tensioner do I need one of them if my belt has came off or broke

March, 13, 2013 AT 12:37 AM

NOT ONLY COULD IT HAVE COME OFF BECAUSE OF A TENSIONER---IDLER PULLEYS CAN HAVE BAD BEARINGS----STUFF LIKE YOUR ALTERNATOR AND WATER PUMP CAN LOCK UP AND BURN OR THROW A BELT OFF

LOOK AT ALL OF THIS STUFF/ MOVE IT/ INSPECT IT BEFORE YOU STICK ANOTHER BELT ON

BELOW IS A PIC OF A TENSIONER'S PULLEY THAT LOCKED UP----THIS MAY NOT BE YOUR PROBLEM---MAYBE IT WILL MOTIVATE YOU TO SEARCH FOR A PROBLEM MORE THOUROUGHLY. LIKE THEY SAID ABOVE, THE OLE BELT MAY HAVE "JUST BROKE", NOTHING ELSE IS WRONG

KEEP US INFORMED AS YOU PROGRESS

Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz
Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer