What size is the nut

PREACHERINTR
  • 2000 FORD RANGER
That fastens brake line to back wheel cylinder on a 2000 ford ranger 3.0 four door ext. Cab with 3.0 v6 flex fuel?
Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 AT 11:10 PM

Typically a 10mm line wrench will help you remove the line. This video show the job being done on a similar car.

https://youtu.be/1j7qDoi1LP0

Be sure to use a flare nut wrench if you want to save the line. Open end wrenches can be expected to round off those soft brass nuts. If you're replacing the line, cut it off at the nut and use a six point deep socket. If you're replacing the wheel cylinder and the nut is rusted to the line, it's going to twist the line off. Just loosen it instead, then unbolt the wheel cylinder and spin it off the nut.

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 AT 12:11 AM
CARFIXERLEO
  • 1996 FORD RANGER
Working on this truck I found someone who has ridged the brake lines from the master. I need to know where the two lines from the master go to. Is there a diagram that shows complete on how all lines go?
Tuesday, November 13th, 2018 AT 11:33 AM (Merged)
We have no pictures of any brake lines. There are two different systems on this truck one with anti lock all around and one with anti lock on rear only. Best thing h ere is to go to a junkyard and see if you can find one with same layout and take those lines if you want it correct or go to a dealer and see if you can still get them. 97 and 98 may be the same
MATTHEW STRATTON
  • 1999 FORD RANGER
Brakes problem
1999 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

inside of rear driver side wheel covered in brake fluid. How do I fix?
WRENCHTECH
If it is a metal brake line that has rusted out, then you have to make a whole new line to it's next joint without any compression unions used and bleed out the system.
-1