HOW TO REPLACE DOOR DOME LIGHT SWITCH

2000 Ford Mustang

stabn1

January, 5, 2012 AT 3:03 AM

Interior dome light stays on need to change out dome light switch on door. But can not get straight answer from anywhere as to where or how to do it.

rivermikerat

January, 5, 2012 AT 4:48 AM

The door switch is in the door jamb. On my Escort it was on the rear side of the jamb, but on my 79 Mustang it was in the front portion of the door jamb.

Our reference material doesn't mention locations for door switches. Wherever the switch is, you need to remove the plastic trim panel. The switch may be screwed directly into the metal of the frame, or it may be mounted on top of the frame.

stabn1

January, 6, 2012 AT 12:27 AM

Thanks for the help. I actually took the door panel off today and found that the locking mechanism has two electrical inputs inside. One for unlocking the door and one for verifying the latch postion. The latch has 3 seatings fully open for door to be open when closing goes to second seat turns off dinging then third is Fully seated the sensor knows the door is closed and tells the light to turn off. Just need to work the latch that it fully seats properly and all works fine now.

rivermikerat

January, 6, 2012 AT 4:16 AM

Cool. Thanks for letting us know.

Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement