F350 XLT SUPER DUTY 4X4 ELECTRONIC PROBLEM FUSE THAT IS GOING IS ELECTRONIC ENGINE CONTROL 20AMP

2000 Ford F-350

ffemtbell

August, 8, 2012 AT 5:59 AM

Looking to buy this vehicle. But before I do I would like to know whether it is worth it. Complaint is that the Electronic Engine Control fuse keeps blowing, Owner says it is a short. Anyone ever have this problem? If so, is it an easy and cheap fix or would it not be worth the money. Asking price is 1900.

merlin2021

August, 8, 2012 AT 10:51 AM

Without testing the electronic componenets there is no way to prrdict if the pcm or wiring is at fault.

merlin2021

August, 8, 2012 AT 10:53 AM

There was a wiring problem in tje shifter to the od button at the knob.

rdesjardins

August, 22, 2012 AT 2:16 PM

Is the truck old body style or new body style if the transmission wire goes over transmission from passanger side of truck there sometimes get shorted that cause fuse to blow if there is a wire connect to disconnect it then see if fuse blows if it doesn't theres your problem

rivermikerat

September, 7, 2012 AT 12:55 AM

If it's the PCM, you should be able to get a rebuilt or reconditioned one relatively cheap. You should also haggle the price way down. Check the power lead to the PCM after the fuse for any cracks or breaks.

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Acura TL
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn Vue
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro