2000 FORD F350 XLT SUPER DUTY 4X4 ELECTRONIC PROBLEM FUSE THAT IS GOING IS ELECTRONIC ENGINE CONTROL 20AMP

• ffemtbell
  • 2000 Ford F-350

Looking to buy this vehicle. But before I do I would like to know whether it is worth it. Complaint is that the Electronic Engine Control fuse keeps blowing, Owner says it is a short. Anyone ever have this problem? If so, is it an easy and cheap fix or would it not be worth the money. Asking price is 1900.

Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 AT 5:59 AM

• merlin2021

Without testing the electronic componenets there is no way to prrdict if the pcm or wiring is at fault.

Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 AT 10:51 AM
  • merlin2021

There was a wiring problem in tje shifter to the od button at the knob.

Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 AT 10:53 AM
  • rdesjardins

Is the truck old body style or new body style if the transmission wire goes over transmission from passanger side of truck there sometimes get shorted that cause fuse to blow if there is a wire connect to disconnect it then see if fuse blows if it doesn't theres your problem

Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 AT 2:16 PM
  • rivermikerat

If it's the PCM, you should be able to get a rebuilt or reconditioned one relatively cheap. You should also haggle the price way down. Check the power lead to the PCM after the fuse for any cracks or breaks.

Friday, September 7th, 2012 AT 12:55 AM