WHERE IS THE MOISTURE COMING FROM?

2000 Ford F-250

jnaglich

September, 19, 2012 AT 6:03 PM

Ford F250 2000. Moisture on ignition module causing miss. Seems to be clear water no coolant. No leak in coolant because level stays the same. Module is rear right looking from grill. No apparent leaks on hood gasket. No AC lines over or near module. Replaced intake manifold 2 times but skip returns sometimes in days, sometimes weeks or months. If you dry the module by removing, blowing water off module and out from around plug miss goes away. Happening more frequently in past 2 months. Have had heavy rains durning the period but no apparent leak to engine compartment.

September, 19, 2012 AT 6:22 PM

They make moisture sealants to keep moisture from electricals. One is dielectric. I haven't looked at your service bulletins to see if I could the issue, yet.

September, 19, 2012 AT 6:37 PM

My info shows coil on plug ignition. If you have a misfire, the code should tell you which cylinder.

jnaglich

September, 19, 2012 AT 7:11 PM

It is a coil on plug. There is no engine light on. I know which cylinder but not where the moisture comes from that gets on the coil. It is the driver side rear of engine last cylinder. Water collects on the rubber shroud around the spring and plug base. If you blow all the watter off the coil and from around the plug it runs fine. Trying to figure out where the water is coming from.

September, 20, 2012 AT 3:01 AM

You might try putting a ring of silicone around it? I don't know where it is coming from?

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Hoses and Thermostat Replacement
Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet