2000 FORD EXPLORER BLOWER MOTOR PROBLEM

• Lauree
  • 2000 Ford Explorer

2000 Ford Explorer

My daughter's Explorer blower motor just quite. She had not had any problems with it at all, it just stopped working. Do we need to look at the motor being replaced or is there a fuse and/or relay we can test before we take this expensive step?

Monday, January 11th, 2010 AT 8:25 PM

• rasmataz

Check fuse no.2 7.5 amp in central junction box and fuse no.2 40amp in battery junction box if okay check blower motor relay in battery juunction box and high speed blower relay in the Aux relay box 1, also the blower motor resistor bearblower motor and also the function slector switch all these checkes out-final place is the blower motor.

Monday, January 11th, 2010 AT 8:46 PM
  • mrfixitmi

+1 for the relay. The relay is not listed in my owner's manual, but you are correct, it is in the aux. Box mounted under the upper rad hose on the passenger apron. It is the full size relay. Thanks for the great advice.

Friday, November 25th, 2011 AT 6:53 PM