FRONT A/C WORKS SOME DAYS AND NOT S

2000 Ford Expedition

Bunyon2

June, 7, 2012 AT 2:15 PM

My rear a/c always works perfectly. My front a/c will work all day sometimes and other times not at all. And some days it works off and on as you drive. I've checked the pressure and refrigerant level and everything is normal.

I've read a number of online posts and I've seen suggestions from actuators and blend doors to evaporators and thermostatic switches, but, the symptoms for those items don't seem to quite match my situation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

hmac300

June, 7, 2012 AT 11:09 PM

When it doesn't work what does it do? Not blow air? Not cold what?

djcl

June, 7, 2012 AT 11:43 PM

When its not working is the blower not blowing or the air temp not cold. If the rear temp is good then the r134a level should be good.

Bunyon2

June, 8, 2012 AT 12:46 AM

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The air still blows but it's hot air. There is no decrease in the air flow at all.

djcl

June, 8, 2012 AT 12:54 AM

I would start with checking the r134a pressures. The best way is to suck it out and see how much you recover. Then charge with the corect amount.

hmac300

June, 8, 2012 AT 1:47 AM

Check your actuators the rearand front use the same a/c chargeand you say it works sometimes and other times it doesnt'. You may have a lazy actuator or it'snot getting vacuum/electric and dnot working. It would be the actuator that controls temp

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911