O2 SENSOR

2000 Dodge Ram

davidjarvis2000

December, 10, 2011 AT 9:10 PM

I have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 and I got under it and checked the O2 sensors and the front one the wires were not connected to anything and I could not see where they should go do you have any idea where the wire on that sensor should go the wire is just hanging there and nothing in area that it may go to could you help me track where thes wires should go

rivermikerat

December, 10, 2011 AT 9:13 PM

One wire or the whole connector? If one wire, you should see a connector missing a wire. If the connector, you should see the other connector end somewhere close.

davidjarvis2000

December, 10, 2011 AT 9:19 PM

All of the wires and the only connector is the one on the rear o2 sensor but there are no wires that are coming from that one and there is no connector anywhere close to this sensor

rivermikerat

December, 10, 2011 AT 10:32 PM

Do the wires from the O2 sensor in question terminate in a connector?
Take a look at the image I have attached. It's for the Ram 1500 pickup. Tell me which one it is, and I can look up the schematic for it so I can identify what color wires you need to look for coming out of the ECU.

davidjarvis2000

December, 10, 2011 AT 11:25 PM

I got it figured out the connector was on the other side of the transfercase they had come disconnected from the connector and the connector went over to the other side of the transfercase thank you for your help

rivermikerat

December, 11, 2011 AT 12:10 AM

My pleasure. Thanks for letting us know you figured it out. Have a Happy Holidays.

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast