MY ABS BREAK WIRE ON FRONT DRIVERS WHEEL 2000 ...

2000 Dodge Neon

NeonQueen

March, 26, 2013 AT 12:49 AM

My ABS break wire on front driver's wheel (2000 Dodge Neon) was cut (on purpose) as it was not hanging down last night. My ABS light doesn't even come on (If it's supposed to)? Can you tell me what problems this is going to cause me when trying to stop? Why doesn't or should a light come on the dash to warn me & if so what should I be looking for to see if a fuse or whatever makes this light work is missing, taken out or what? And what type of danger does this put my kid's & I in being hurt or killed? What parts do I buy to get it fixed asap?

I also have a massive oil leak & I can see drops of oil coming from what looks like a cover plate in the front of the car. Is this where the oil pan (? On proper name) and mean it is the oil gasket needs replaced or is it something else that I am unsure of as idk what to ask other than what I am describing the issues are here.

caradiodoc

March, 26, 2013 AT 1:37 AM

The anti-lock function is an add-on option to the standard braking system. You are not in danger of not stopping. It's purpose is to allow you to maintain steering control that is lost when tires skid.

Two fuses always feed the anti-lock system and the air bag system. That is so one of those circuits can power the warning light when the other one goes dead. The yellow ABS light is supposed to turn on for a few seconds as a bulb check when you turn on the ignition switch. It must also turn on when the computer detects a problem and sets a diagnostic fault code. The cut wire would set a code for an electrical problem with that sensor.

For an oil leak you need a mechanic to look at it and give you an opinion. There's things that can look like a serious leak but are fairly easy and inexpensive to solve.

Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevy Silverado
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota