I HAVE A DODGE INTREPID AND THIS JUST STARTED ...

2000 Dodge Intrepid

Anonymous

January, 24, 2013 AT 4:48 AM

I have a dodge intrepid and this just started happening. This winter I notice every time I start using the vehicle on the road during cold days. When I press the brake pedal, it has an air coming out of it located underneath were the brake pedal and gas paddle. This only happens during cold days. I stuck my head underneath to investigate the problem, I notice the brake pedal has a rubber that is use to seal some kind of compressor that pumps in and out. I'm not sure having the rubber being torn up is the cause to make that sound of air. Any suggestion or input what it could be? Is this something I can fixed myself or take it in?

caradiodoc

January, 24, 2013 AT 5:48 AM

That's the power brake booster, and it's run by engine vacuum. The boot is there to silence the air that rushes in when you press the brake pedal, and to keep dirt out. It is not a common part to fail so you'll likely have to find a replacement at a salvage yard.

Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front