1. Remove battery ground cable from ground stud. Correctly isolate ground cable by installing cable isolator onto ground stud.
2. Remove both wiper arm assemblies from pivot by removing nuts, and then rocking arm back and forth. Remove cowl panel cover to expose windshield wiper module. Remove windshield wiper module to body
bolts. Remove windshield wiper module.
3. Disconnect wire connector from brake fluid level sensor on right side of master cylinder reservoir.
4. Remove nuts and carefully slide master cylinder from power brake booster with brakelines attached, and allow assembly to rest against left shock tower.
5. Disconnect vacuum hoses from check valve on power brake booster. DO NOT remove check valve from power brake booster.
6. Remove power brake booster rod to brake pedal pin retaining clip by positioning small screwdriver between center tang on retaining clip. Rotate screwdriver enough to allow retaining clip center tang to pass over
end of brake pedal pin. Pull retaining clip from brake pedal pin. Discard pedal pin retaining clip. Disconnect brake booster rod from brake pedal pin.
CAUTION: DO NOT attempt to disassemble power brake booster. Power brake booster is serviced only as complete unit.
7. Remove power brake booster to dash panel nuts located below dash panel, near steering column and brake pedal bracket. Slide brake booster out of dash panel and remove from vehicle.
To install, reverse removal procedure. Use NEW pedal pin retaining clip. Coat bearing surface of brake pedal pin with grease before installing brake booster rod on brake pedal pin. Tighten all fasteners to specification.
See TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS . Check stoplight operation. It may be necessary to adjust stoplight switch. See STOPLIGHT SWITCH under ADJUSTMENTS.
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 2:44 PM