RATTLING NOISE

2000 Dodge Durango

jman21293

April, 7, 2011 AT 3:51 AM

I have a 2000 Dodge Durango. Today I noticed a rattling noise coming from the front of my vehicle. It sounds like its coming from around the radiator or at least in that general area. Recently I had to replace my radiator because I got in a small accident. Do you know what the noise could be? Could it have something to do with replacing th radiator?

caradiodoc

April, 7, 2011 AT 4:28 AM

Based on the history, I would look first at the fan to see if one of the blades is hitting the shroud around the radiator. Some of them have rather tight clearances and the shroud has to be adjusted very precisely, and keep in mind that engine-mounted fans, (vs. Electric fans), will raise up a little when the engine is under load.

The clue is to look for shiny or chewed up spots on the shroud or shiny spots on the end of the fan blades where the paint is rubbed off.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe