Ball joint play is indicated by an up and down motion of the wheel. Bearing play is an in and out at the top and bottom of the wheel. It sounds like you have shot front bearings.
1. Raise and support vehicle.
2. Remove wheel and tire assembly.
3. Remove brake caliper, rotor and ABS wheel speed sensor (if equipped).
4. Remove hub/bearing spindle nut and discard nut.
5. Slide hub/bearing assembly off spindle.
1. Slide hub/bearing on spindle.
2. Install NEW spindle nut and tighten to 185 ft. Lbs. (251 N.M).
3. Install brake rotor, caliper and ABS wheel speed sensor (if equipped).
4. Install wheel and tire assembly.
5. Remove support and lower vehicle.
Sunday, November 27th, 2011 AT 4:52 AM