THERE IS A LOUD 'ROARING' SOUND UNDER ENGINE WHEN I DRIVE, DOESN'T MATTER IF HOT OR COLD?

2000 Dodge Caravan

papanibbs

April, 30, 2012 AT 3:16 PM

I recently had my van repaired. They replaced the radiator and thermostat and hose. The van had overheated and fogged up when I turned on heater.
Now, there is a loud 'roaring' sound when I drive. I am thinking it is a fan or blower noise.

hmac300

April, 30, 2012 AT 7:11 PM

If the radiator was replaced you may have had a shroud broken as well and was repaired, this sometimes causes a roar or if this has a fan clutch it may be that. You can ask where it was fixed they will tell you quickly.

Chopper

May, 1, 2012 AT 6:03 AM

2000dodge caravan. Transverse mounted engine electric fan. Do you have to be moving to hear the noise? Or can you hear it idling he engine up and down in park?

May, 2, 2012 AT 12:51 AM

Open the hood, turn on your ac and see if the fan comes on line and the noise will be there if it is the fans

Engine Oil Change and Filter Scion xD
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet