NEED TO REPLACE THE CRANK SENSOR IN 2000 DAEWOO ...

2000 Daewoo Leganza

neeld

Need to replace the crank sensor in 2000 daewoo leganza. Where is it located? And how hard is it to replace?

saturntech9

How did you test it if you don't know where it is?I wouldn't want you to replace something that wasn't ad. Do you have a multi meter to do some testing?

neeld

Okay, been having problems with this car for a while. Have replaced the valve cover gasket a few times. Mechanic was getting code that spark plug was fouling. Had plugs replaced too. Car misses and wont accellerate properly on take off and up hills. Mechanic tested again and got code for crank sensor. Car tries to start, but wont turn over. Not battery. Single parent here and cant afford the hundreds the mechanis wants. So was wondering how hard it is to replace. Have to get to and from work : ) Info please?

neeld

Plug wells were filling up with oil. Forgot to mention that.

saturntech9

You must mean you had a miss fire code I have never seen a code for a fouled plug. It just says miss fire which could be any number of things. So the engine just cranks meaning its spinning over with the starter normal speed and not starting?If so do you have spark?Also you need a multi meter to test the sensor.

neeld

A mechanic tested it last week and said it's the crank sensor. Where is it located please? And does anything have to be removed to get to it?

saturntech9

Unfornately I am out of town right now and checked out of my hotel and no longer have internet for my laptop I will be home today though and look that up for you.

saturntech9

January, 23, 2013 AT 2:58 AM

I posted a diagram of where your crank sensor is looks like on the side of the block towards the radiator. Looks like it just bolts in and comes right out. There isnt much repair info on those daewoos when I have looked for info in the past.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz