CHANGED THE RAD AND NOW IT BLOWS COLD AIR ? ?

2000 Chrysler Neon

chrisw

October, 3, 2011 AT 2:08 AM

I thought it might be an air lock so I took the rad cap off and ran the car with it on loose the rad warms up the rad fan comes on and off like normal but the heater hoses are cold I am stuck now I think it might be the water pump?

No Heat

cadieman

October, 3, 2011 AT 2:16 AM

What are you trying to do
?

chrisw

October, 3, 2011 AT 2:16 AM

Help

cadieman

October, 3, 2011 AT 2:28 AM

Check the heater control valve on the hoses. See if it open when you push the heat control to hot.

chrisw

October, 3, 2011 AT 2:35 AM

How do I do that it is in the dash and I cant see it sounds like it is working

rivermikerat

October, 3, 2011 AT 3:48 AM

Is the radiator also heating up with the engine? You should be able to see water flowing under the radiator fill neck if the pump is operating and/or the thermostat is opening properly. Did you change the thermostat when you did the radiator? It's usually recommended that you do.

rivermikerat

October, 3, 2011 AT 3:56 AM

Oh, one more thing. Sometimes new radiators come with plugs inside the openings to keep contaminants out during storage.

cadieman

October, 3, 2011 AT 5:19 PM

The heater control valve is under the hood on the heater hoses. Its a round valve with a vacuum hose on it. Did you replace the radiator to fix the heater?

Replace Heater Core
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement