CHYSLER 3.3L

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager

yem1

Hello all:

My car is overseas. Its not driving well. I got a diagnosis on it & these codes came up.

P0455
Evaporative Emmission
(EVAP) System Large Lick Detected

P0403
EGR Solenoid Circ
Flow Circuit Malfunction

Can someone pls advise on what needs to be done. I cant rely on the mechanics over here. One actually told me I needed to get my fuel injectors cleaned.

caradiodoc

Start by tightening the gas cap. If that doesn't help, look for a hose that's disconnected or dry-rotted, or check to see if the pump is broken. It sits on the cross member right under the driver's seat area.

Hose problems usually start out as small leaks which will set a different code.

yem1

January, 26, 2011 AT 12:17 AM

Thank you for your response. Few questions though.
(1) When you say "look for a hose that's disconnected or dry-rotted"
Where do I start?
(2)What the name of the pump that sits on the cross member right under the driver's seat area?

caradiodoc

January, 26, 2011 AT 10:35 AM

That's the leak detection pump. It pumps the gas tank up to two pounds of pressure while you're driving, then watches to see how fast the pressure drops. It's been a long time since I looked at one, but I remember finding one that got broken by the owner driving over something big in the road. I seem to recall it had at least one hose that was about as big as a heater hose. That's about an inch in diameter.

If this just started and you had a code for a large leak, that would kind of rule out a dry-rotted hose. A loose gas cap is more likely. Many mechanics have "smoke machines" now that put two pounds of white smoke into this type of system, then you watch to see where it comes out. Makes finding leaks rather easy.

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20