REPLACED 2

2000 Chrysler Concorde

labmanlynndairycom

October, 30, 2012 AT 6:44 PM

Replaced 2.7 engine with 3.5 and car ran good for 2 weeks now after I drive 2 miles engine shuts off no spit no sputter and wont restart after 5 minutes car starts right up and runs fine for as long as I have driven it. Next day same thing.I have replaced Crank sensor but no difference

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

caradiodoc

October, 31, 2012 AT 12:11 AM

Have you checked for diagnostic fault codes. The camshaft position sensor is a more common failure item. They both often become heat-sensitive and work again once they cool down.

Did you have to replace the Engine Computer or was it running okay with the one from the 2.7L.

labmanlynndairycom

October, 31, 2012 AT 11:16 AM

There are no codes. It's the same computer from the 2.7.
Could the camshaft sensor cause the engine to shut off?

caradiodoc

November, 1, 2012 AT 7:24 AM

Absolutely. The Engine Computer wants to know when the engine is rotating, (cranking or running) so it knows when to turn on the automatic shutdown (ASD) relay. It knows that by the pulses it receives from the cam and crank sensors. When it sees those pulses and turns the ASD relay on, that sends current to the ignition coil(s), injectors, fuel pump or pump relay, alternator field, and oxygen sensor heaters.