I JUST CHANGED TIMING BELT WATER PUMP AND ...

2000 Chrysler Concorde

fireeater

December, 10, 2012 AT 12:20 PM

I just changed timing belt water pump and tension er now #3 coil pack keeps burning up. Ecm or a short in the wireing

fireeater

December, 10, 2012 AT 2:05 PM

3.2 motor

hmac300

December, 10, 2012 AT 3:07 PM

Scan for codes first then check to see if to much voltage is going to that coil or one of hte wires are touching the block.

fireeater

December, 10, 2012 AT 3:45 PM

Im getting 14 volts to that coil

hmac300

December, 10, 2012 AT 3:56 PM

This really should be checked by apro as this can be an automatich shutdown relay, a bad ground a shorted wire or a bad pcm. It shold only have 8 volts going to it but you need a pro scan tool to check the system because stuff has to be turned off and on with the tool to properly diagnose the problem Your check engine light should be on in this case as well.

fireeater

December, 10, 2012 AT 6:32 PM

Check engine light is on and I have a pro scan tool I work in a garage part time so that's why I did the belt myself does code 1652 sound correct?

hmac300

December, 10, 2012 AT 8:09 PM

I don't list that one. The one I looked under was p0353 #3 ignition primary coil circuit. There is a 1682 whichis for charging system to low.

Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement Ford
Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe