DEISELING AND WON'T START

2000 Chrysler Cirrus

fsamec

April, 14, 2011 AT 7:06 PM

I have a 2000 Chrysler Cirrus 2.4 four. Auto with A/C. I am getting codes P0171, P0645, P1489 and P1490. All circuit breakers and connections were checked. The thought I am getting is that the PCM has gone bad. When it runs there doesn't seem to be any problem until I try to shut it off and then it continues to diesel (not shut down) for two or three minutes then it will finally shut down. The key is not in the ignition. When I tried to restart it, it would not start initially and now not at all. Does my thinking about the PCM make sense. This is an expensive part so I want to be sure.

caradiodoc

April, 14, 2011 AT 7:26 PM

Try switching the automatic shutdown (ASD) relay with one of the other ones like it. The engine can't run unless that relay sticks on.

Docfixit

April, 14, 2011 AT 7:27 PM

Suspect ignition switch output fused that will cause codes 645-1498-1490 and also keep power to ign. And cause diesel

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right