How do I change the switch/commuteur interrurtor and where is it? Ty
have the same problem?
Monday, March 21st, 2011 AT 5:18 PM
Need more detail's to answer your question not sure what part your talking about.
Monday, March 21st, 2011 AT 5:25 PM
Monday, March 21st, 2011 AT 5:29 PM
1. Remove the brake lamp switch from its bracket. The brake lamp switch is removed by depressing and holding the brake pedal while rotating brake lamp switch in a counter-clockwise direction approximately 30 . Pull the switch rearward and remove it from its mounting bracket.
2. Disconnect the wiring harness connector from the switch.
NOTE: Prior to installing brake lamp switch into the mounting bracket, the plunger must be moved to its fully extended position using the procedure in Step 1.
1. Hold the brake lamp switch firmly in one hand. Using the other hand, pull outward on the plunger of the switch until it has ratcheted out to its fully extended position.
2. Connect the wiring harness connector to the brake lamp switch.
3. Install the brake lamp switch in the brake pedal bracket. Install it using the following procedure:
o Depress the brake pedal as far down as possible.
O Install the switch in its bracket by aligning the index tab on the switch with the slot in the mounting bracket.
* When the switch is fully seated in its bracket, rotate the switch clockwise approximately 30 to lock the switch into place. It should be aligned straight up and down.
CAUTION: Do not use excessive force when pulling back on the brake pedal to adjust the brake lamp switch. If too much force is used, the switch or striker can be damaged.
4. Gently release/pull back on the brake pedal until the pedal stops moving. This will ratchet the switch plunger backward to the correct adjustment position.
5. Check the brake lamps to verify they are operating properly and not staying on when the pedal is in the released position.