MY REAR DRIVERS SIDE BRAKE LIGHT/TURN SIGNAL IS OUT.

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe

Chevy5522

September, 10, 2011 AT 8:00 PM

I replaced the bulb, all other lights work fine. Also the power locks work on And off, it almost always will unlock but sometimes the lock button won't work, it has blown fuses in the past. Sometimes opening and closing the front passenger door will fix the problem. I wasn't sure if the two problems could be related.

Chevy5522

September, 10, 2011 AT 8:03 PM

Also it is a 5.7 liter z71(old body style)

hmac300

September, 11, 2011 AT 12:46 AM

Check the ground for the tailight as well as the circuit board they go bad and are in thetailight. Check your relay for the power door locks, it s in the underhood electrical center also if you have another fob, see ifit doesn it with theother fob as well.

Chevy5522

September, 11, 2011 AT 12:56 AM

I should of added that the taillight itself works, just the brake light and turn signal does not. Are those still possibly the solutions? And would the relay cause the door locks to blow fuses?

hmac300

September, 11, 2011 AT 12:58 PM

The taillight problem could be a bad turn signal switch. You need to have a test light to see if you are getting powr to the light socket. If you are there is a good chance that the socket is bad or a ground. If you blew fuses you could have a wire shorting to gorund or a bad motor. Check the wiring harness where the dooor closes as those can break there.

Chevy5522

September, 26, 2011 AT 11:45 PM

Do know what color wires control which light at the taillight?

hmac300

September, 27, 2011 AT 12:05 AM

It depends on whether you have old style or new style. New style has a blue and brown wire running to each tailight and it's been broken down in circuitry old style has brown yellow and green wires. Blue is for stop and turn signals. Yellow is for right side stop/turn I think and green for left or vice versa

Chevy5522

September, 30, 2011 AT 8:36 PM

Ok I fixed the brake light, last question. My drivers side windshield wiper went nuts. It appears the little brass like fighting is either loose or stripped(see pic below). Any ideas? Can it b tightened or does it need replaced. If so what parts?

Chevy5522

September, 30, 2011 AT 8:37 PM

Also is that fitting brass? Could it b spot welded as a temp fix?

cadieman

September, 30, 2011 AT 8:54 PM

Youll have to replace the wiper arm. The locks sounds like bad door lock switch. If the turn signal doesnt work after installing the bulbs you will have to replace the flasher.

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro