I HAVE 2000 MAILBU AND THE MOTOR WILL HIT BUT ...

2000 Chevrolet Malibu

Anonymous

March, 11, 2013 AT 8:41 PM

I have 2000 Mailbu and the motor will hit but not start. I can spray ether in it and it will run until ether is burnt up. The ignition module has been checked at parts place, coils show good resistance in primary and secondary with ohm meter, are within specs. It has new air filter, plugs, plug wires, fuel filter. I have checked the fire going to a couple of the plugs and I have it but haven't checked them all. Fuel pressure is around 45 psi (at fuel rail) and holds there for a good while. It has 3/4 tank of gas. When I crank it for a little while without stopping, I see the gas gauge drop off while it is still cranking, after about 15 seconds, ( like the voltage left the gas gauge) do you think it could be an electrical problem? Thinking it may be injectors, not sure. Anything for an answer would be appreciated. Thank You

Randico

March, 11, 2013 AT 8:53 PM

Go the the engine fuse junction box there as listed is the fuel pump relay, If the relay has failed it will exhibit the same thing, There is also the oil pressure switch, which activates the fuel pump when oil pressure is reached

March, 11, 2013 AT 8:59 PM

Check for voltage at the injector plug, key on, pink wire, is it hot? Another thought is your security system, I havent looked at that?

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado