WHAT HAPPENED IS THAT THE TWO WIRES CAME ...

• scottthompson1
  • 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier

What happened is that the two wires came completely out on the harness side of the plug on the canister vent solenoid so I have no idea which way they connect back. All there is a pink and white wire hanging from the solenoid. Hope that makes since Thanks

Sunday, November 25th, 2012 AT 12:27 AM

• ASEMaster6371

Pink on left.

Sunday, November 25th, 2012 AT 12:37 AM
  • scottthompson1

I appreciate the fast response. I just want to make sure I am getting this right. OK do you mean pink on the left if I am under the car looking at harness. As in Pink would be closest to the drivers side back tire, and the white closest to the passengers side back tire? Again thanks for the quick response and I don't mean to be a bother.

Sunday, November 25th, 2012 AT 3:14 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

That is correct

Sunday, November 25th, 2012 AT 3:16 AM
  • scottthompson1

Thanks for everything will be fixing my evap code tomorrow.

Sunday, November 25th, 2012 AT 3:19 AM
  • scottthompson1

Well I hook the canister vent solenoid back up, and I was just wondering if it is normal after probably 2 years of the solenoid not being hooked up, for their to be a strong odor of gas coming from the exhaust pipe? The car seems to be running really good even noticed the slight miss I had has gone away. I cleared the code and so far it hasn't came back on. Thanks in advance

Sunday, November 25th, 2012 AT 10:10 PM