WHAT HAPPENED IS THAT THE TWO WIRES CAME ...

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier

scottthompson1

November, 25, 2012 AT 12:27 AM

What happened is that the two wires came completely out on the harness side of the plug on the canister vent solenoid so I have no idea which way they connect back. All there is a pink and white wire hanging from the solenoid. Hope that makes since Thanks

November, 25, 2012 AT 12:37 AM

Pink on left.

scottthompson1

November, 25, 2012 AT 3:14 AM

I appreciate the fast response. I just want to make sure I am getting this right. OK do you mean pink on the left if I am under the car looking at harness. As in Pink would be closest to the drivers side back tire, and the white closest to the passengers side back tire? Again thanks for the quick response and I don't mean to be a bother.

November, 25, 2012 AT 3:16 AM

That is correct

scottthompson1

November, 25, 2012 AT 3:19 AM

Thanks for everything will be fixing my evap code tomorrow.

scottthompson1

November, 25, 2012 AT 10:10 PM

Well I hook the canister vent solenoid back up, and I was just wondering if it is normal after probably 2 years of the solenoid not being hooked up, for their to be a strong odor of gas coming from the exhaust pipe? The car seems to be running really good even noticed the slight miss I had has gone away. I cleared the code and so far it hasn't came back on. Thanks in advance

Evap System Components
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast