HOW TO CHANGE A REAR RIGHT AXLE FROM A CHEVY CAMARO 2000
2000 Chevrolet Camaro
It is not a ss or Z28 it is just a chevy camaro
have the same problem?
Sunday, March 4th, 2012 AT 6:03 PM
AXLE SHAFT & BEARING
1. Raise and support vehicle. Remove rear wheels and brake drums (or disc calipers and rotors). On vehicles equipped with ABS and TCS, install ABS Exciter Ring Protector Kit (J-39446) to speed sensor rings.
2. Remove cover and drain lubricant from differential. Remove pinion shaft lock bolt and pinion shaft. Push axle shaft toward center of vehicle, and remove "C" lock from inner end of shaft. Carefully remove axle shaft from housing.
3. Remove brake backing plate (or caliper mounting bracket). Remove axle shaft seal using a pry bar behind steel case of seal. Insert Bearing Remover (J-22813-01) into bore. Position remover behind bearing so tangs engage bearing outer race. Using a slide hammer, remove bearing. Discard bearing and seal.
1. Lubricate new bearing with gear oil. Using Bearing Installer (J-23765) and Handle (J-8092), install bearing. Bearing is properly seated when installer bottoms against bore.
2. Lubricate new seal with gear oil. Position seal onto Seal installer (J-23771). Drive seal until flush with axle tube.
3. To complete installation, reverse removal procedure. Pull axle shaft outward after installing "C" lock to seat lock into counterbore of axle side gear. Install pinion shaft and lock screw, and tighten to specification. Remove ABS Exciter Ring Protector Kit (J-39446) from speed sensor rings, if installed.