POWER STEERING PRESSURE LINE HOSE

2000 Cadillac STS

nrraiders35

July, 14, 2011 AT 6:45 PM

Does the 2000 cadillac STS Power steering pressure line hose require hydro boost? I am replacing the power steering pressure line hose on my car and need to know which replacement part to buy. The autozone website shows both the conventional and hydro boost lines as options. Thanks

rivermikerat

July, 14, 2011 AT 6:56 PM

I always recommend that the old hose be taken in when replacing power steering lines to make sure the exact fitment is obtained from the replacement part.

factoryjack

July, 14, 2011 AT 8:28 PM

There is no hydro-boost option on your car, I don't know why it would show it as an option.

cadieman

July, 15, 2011 AT 2:03 AM

I agree with gstacy. Make sure its the hose that is leaking and not the steering rack assy.

nrraiders35

July, 15, 2011 AT 7:02 AM

Ok not sure why it would come up as an option either but I am sure that it is the pressure hose. Thanks guys

factoryjack

July, 15, 2011 AT 3:13 PM

Yes, you are on the right track. Pressure hoses are a common issue on these powertrains.

Steering Intermediate Shafts Replacement
Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage
Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz