WHEN I SHIFT MY CAR INTO REVERSE, I FEEL OUT TRYING TO GO BACKWARDS BUT IT DIDN'T MOVE. WHY ITS THAT?

• illuzion816
  • 2000 Cadillac Deville

I recently put a new motor into my deville. Turns out, the motor was out of a Seville. No big deal because its still a 32 valve 4.6 North star right? I put new coil packs in it and changed all of my sensors. I put a quart of trany fluid in it after realizing it was low and it still won't reverse. It feels like its not getting enough "umph, " as my dad would say. I throw it in drive and it goes forward but acts as if it isn't getting enough "torque". It accelerates slowly. I gave up messing with it because the engine seems to be working perfectly. I don't know what to do. Should I drop the pan and change my transmission filter? I have the same transmission in it that I had before the last engine blew a head gasket. Both the newer engine & transmission were sitting in The back yard for about 8 months before I took out from the prick I paid to fix it and just did it myself.

Monday, June 4th, 2012 AT 3:00 PM

• rasmataz

Have the transmission further checked out by a transmission specialist sounds internal to me-Have it pressure tested

Monday, June 4th, 2012 AT 3:55 PM
  • illuzion816

I just can't see why the problem ail of a sudden happens now. It was stool good before I changed the motor. I was told to change the filer and check the torque converter out before I go spend a boat load of money. What do you think?

Monday, June 4th, 2012 AT 4:13 PM
  • illuzion816

Sorry about the typos, im on my phone at work rushing.

Monday, June 4th, 2012 AT 4:14 PM
  • rasmataz

Try replacing the filter don't work have it pressure tested-

Monday, June 4th, 2012 AT 4:39 PM
  • cadieman

Sounds like the rev. Clutch drum is done. But ck it. Follow what raz. Said.

Monday, June 4th, 2012 AT 9:22 PM