ACTUATOR DOOR REPLACEMENT

• Juliefly
  • 2000 Cadillac Deville

From feedback I've received it looks like I need to replace the actuator door in the HVAC system of my Cadillac. Is this a DIY project or do I need to hire someone? What would be the ballpark figure I could expect if I take it to a shop. Time/ labor/ parts $

Thanks!

Thursday, February 17th, 2011 AT 4:29 AM

• factoryjack

Which actuator?

Saturday, February 19th, 2011 AT 7:34 AM
  • Juliefly

I don't know, would the answer be driver side? The driver side a/c blows hot, the passenger side, cold.

Saturday, February 19th, 2011 AT 4:10 PM
  • factoryjack

There is a drivers side. Is that the situation is one side is hot and the other side is cold, or is one side stuck at hot/cold and the other side responds to commands? The drivers side actuator may be one of the easier.

Sunday, February 20th, 2011 AT 9:42 PM
  • Juliefly

The driver side only blows hot the passenger side acts normally/ adjusts with the A/C settings. So yes I think ir would be the drivers side acuator that is stuck.

Monday, February 21st, 2011 AT 2:11 AM
  • factoryjack

Under the drivers side of the dash is an insulator panel, remove that panel and look up toward the center of the dash to the right of the gas pedal. Ther will most likely be two actuators visible. One will have a larger spool on the driven end, that is the mode actuator. The other one, and possibly the easier to access is the temp actuator. After it is replaced, the codes will more than likely have to be cleared, for proper operation.

Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 AT 4:10 AM