ACTUATOR DOOR REPLACEMENT

2000 Cadillac Deville

Juliefly

February, 17, 2011 AT 4:29 AM

From feedback I've received it looks like I need to replace the actuator door in the HVAC system of my Cadillac. Is this a DIY project or do I need to hire someone? What would be the ballpark figure I could expect if I take it to a shop. Time/ labor/ parts $

Thanks!

factoryjack

February, 19, 2011 AT 7:34 AM

Which actuator?

Juliefly

February, 19, 2011 AT 4:10 PM

I don't know, would the answer be driver side? The driver side a/c blows hot, the passenger side, cold.

factoryjack

February, 20, 2011 AT 9:42 PM

There is a drivers side. Is that the situation is one side is hot and the other side is cold, or is one side stuck at hot/cold and the other side responds to commands? The drivers side actuator may be one of the easier.

Juliefly

February, 21, 2011 AT 2:11 AM

The driver side only blows hot the passenger side acts normally/ adjusts with the A/C settings. So yes I think ir would be the drivers side acuator that is stuck.

factoryjack

February, 22, 2011 AT 4:10 AM

Under the drivers side of the dash is an insulator panel, remove that panel and look up toward the center of the dash to the right of the gas pedal. Ther will most likely be two actuators visible. One will have a larger spool on the driven end, that is the mode actuator. The other one, and possibly the easier to access is the temp actuator. After it is replaced, the codes will more than likely have to be cleared, for proper operation.

Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement