ALARM GOES OFF EVERY TIME DOOR IS OPENED FOR A COUPLE MINUTES

2000 Cadillac Catera

Sasha0913

October, 1, 2012 AT 5:52 AM

Starts and drives fine. I have no factory remote. Tried turning key in door and leaving key in ignition. Doesn't help. No codes in system.

Rear Door

October, 1, 2012 AT 11:04 AM

Factory or aftermarket?

October, 1, 2012 AT 11:04 AM

Check the driver door switch. It could be faulty and the security system is not recognising that the switch has been unlocked.

By the way if you had used a code reader, you might not see any trouble codes. Only scan tools capable of reading Body Control Module trouble codes would work.

Sasha0913

October, 1, 2012 AT 5:38 PM

@Roy ---- All factory

@khlow ---- I will try the door switch.

October, 1, 2012 AT 6:12 PM

The door switch I meant is the one inside door panel whereby when key is used to unlock, it would send a signal to the BCM to deactivate the security system.

Sasha0913

October, 2, 2012 AT 8:45 PM

I checked all the connections inside door panel. All seem good. How would I check the door switch if it's faulty or not

Also the car has no brake lights and feels like it has no power brakes.

October, 2, 2012 AT 11:22 PM

No brakes lights could be due to a blown fuse underhood and this fuse is also linked to the security system.

You must use a multimeter to test the switch for continuity in order to understand if it is faulty.

Heavy brake pedal effort could mean a bad brake booster or insufficient vacuum boost due to a leaking or clogged hose.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Dynamat Door Installation