Car won't turnover

OLDNAVY39
  • 2000 BUICK LESABRE

Engine sound like it wants to turn over but doesn't
Thus far I'v checked for fuel at the rail and there is good fuel flow from the schraider valve and I 've checked for spark on the front 3 plug wires and have good spark. So. Whats next?

Friday, March 9th, 2012 AT 5:09 PM

SATURNTECH9

You need to check the actual fuel pressure not just the fuel squirts when you press the schreader. Also is the security light on solid or flashing?

Friday, March 9th, 2012 AT 5:46 PM
OLDNAVY39

What should the correct fuel pressure be? And as far as the security light goes, it's blinking prior to actually turning the key

Friday, March 9th, 2012 AT 7:18 PM
SATURNTECH9

The fuel pressure should be 48-55psi. So with the key off and the key in the run position the security light is flashing?If so the security system is keeping it from starting by disabling the fuel injectors.

Friday, March 9th, 2012 AT 8:01 PM
SATURNTECH9

Your going to have to get a code reader and see what the exact code numbers are and let me know the exact code numbers.

Friday, March 9th, 2012 AT 8:04 PM
OLDNAVY39

Will do! May take a day or two but I'll get"m

Friday, March 9th, 2012 AT 8:06 PM
SATURNTECH9

They have a basic code reader on amazon for under 20 and one that even reads live engine data for like 54 Keep me posred on what you find.

Friday, March 9th, 2012 AT 8:14 PM
OLDNAVY39

Ok we were able to get it started this weekend using Gumout carb cleaner. Trying to find a fuel pressure gauge today. So should the pressure be a steady 50-60psi? Seams as though if I leave it on each time the ign is put to the on position the pressure will always meet the requirements. Is this a correct statement.

Monday, March 12th, 2012 AT 12:35 PM
SATURNTECH9

The fuel pressure should 48-55psi you crank it for 5 seconds then see what the fuel pressure reads and it should be a steady reading.

Monday, March 12th, 2012 AT 4:19 PM
OLDNAVY39

As far as codes go, out of 15, 10 were abs codes ( he's got a lot of dummy light on ever since the mech in WV by-passed somthing so we get back home), 3 were evaporator type codes and the last 2, 1 was loss of communication and somthing about MOD bus communication fault.
Now the fuel pressure test was also done with the following results. Fuel pressure stayed at 54psi until the fuel stopped (timed out)at around the 5-6 seconds time frame and then dropped down to 48psi.

Friday, March 16th, 2012 AT 6:51 PM
SATURNTECH9

Thats not a bad fuel pressure reading sounds like you dont have injector pluse from what you have found so far. So what are the besides the abs and emission codes you have?I need exact code numbers not code descriptions. Also your security light is on solid or flashing?If so then thats why it doesnt start the computer has disabled your fuel injectors. Does your keyless entry door locks fuel gauge etc work?

Friday, March 16th, 2012 AT 7:32 PM
OLDNAVY39

Keyless entry works but several gauges like fuel, speedo, error msg's such as low tire pressure, check gas cap, check oil, things of that nature dont work. I'll personally check the security light tonite when I do the noid testing on the injectors. Anything else?

Friday, March 16th, 2012 AT 9:09 PM
SATURNTECH9

The code numbers I asked for?Sounds like you could have a bad body control module.

Friday, March 16th, 2012 AT 9:58 PM
OLDNAVY39

Here are the codes you asked for B1221, B1225, B1232, B1234, B1235, B1245, B1276, B1295, B1248, U1255, U1016, P0440, U0449, P0650. As far as the noid testing goes? It'll have to wait until monday evening. Left the testers at work

Saturday, March 17th, 2012 AT 2:44 AM
SATURNTECH9

Follow the trouble tree for the P0650 I posted.I cant find any info on any of the B codes. The U codes are class 2 data codes it says if there is a total loss of class 2 data the car wont start.

Saturday, March 17th, 2012 AT 11:50 PM
OLDNAVY39

Hmmmm. Ok what is PCM, and a DVOM? Where are they located? Will need to borrow the code tester again? What is the MIL control circuit? Dude I'M not trying to sound stupid /but I'm a helo engine mechanic not an electrician, so I'm gonna ask alot of questions. As my son nor I have a manual the ability to locate these components is gonna be challenging. Please bare with me

Monday, March 19th, 2012 AT 1:13 AM
SATURNTECH9

The pcm is the powertrain control module the cars computer for the engine and transmission. Its located in the air cleaner housing. He mil is the check engine light does that come on when you turn the key on?Also the mil control circuit is the wires that run from the pcm to the mil to turn it on. Dvom digital volt ohm meter iam sure you have used those to fix the helos?

Monday, March 19th, 2012 AT 1:52 AM
OLDNAVY39

What is needed to perform the OBD and where is the MIL control circuit located?

Monday, March 19th, 2012 AT 10:58 PM
SATURNTECH9

There asking if the check engine light works when you turn the key to the run position without starting it. The control circuit for the light runs from the pcm to the cluster then to the blub.

Monday, March 19th, 2012 AT 11:03 PM
OLDNAVY39

Will have to dis-assemble the inst. Cluster to do that test or is there a certain connector pin that I need to check? The security light check will be done as soon as I get home

Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 AT 10:47 PM
OLDNAVY39

Is the OBD testing done with the self tester?

Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 AT 10:57 PM

Related Engine Not Cranking Over Content

Recommended guides