COLD START

2000 BMW 316

sapper

November, 16, 2010 AT 8:49 PM

I have a bmw 3 series (x reg) auto the cold start is getting worse ie: loose of power "jerkey" but fine after a few minutes

Wiring Issue?

Dr Loot

November, 17, 2010 AT 5:59 PM

I will need to know the year of the car before I can assist you.

sapper

November, 21, 2010 AT 7:59 AM

Dr Loot, my bmw is an x reg year 2000 auto box with sport and tiptronic opition thanx, sapper

Dr Loot

November, 21, 2010 AT 8:51 AM

OK, do you have an engine light on? If you don't most likely it is fuel related, when's the last time changed your fuel filter?

sapper

November, 22, 2010 AT 3:25 PM

Hi, yeah engine lights on. I, ve noticed that before it warms up thers a slight "resistance" in the accelorator pedal, once warm this disappears

Dr Loot

November, 22, 2010 AT 4:33 PM

The engine light on is a problem, is there anyone that can download the codes from you car? If not try disconnecting the battery and let it sit for 15 minutes then hooked the battery backup and tell me how it acts.

sapper

November, 23, 2010 AT 2:40 PM

Hi, will I have any other problems if I disconnect the battery? Ie alarm, remote locking etc?

Dr Loot

November, 23, 2010 AT 3:04 PM

As long as your remote is now working it will continue to work even if you pull the battery cable, just make sure you have the code to your radio.

sapper

December, 19, 2010 AT 9:01 AM

Good morning sorry I havent replied sooner been very busy! I disconected the battery lead as you said, left it for half an hour, it was a bit worring when I reconnected it, dash lights etc! But it seems to have done the job. Its running well now thank you very much for your help. Have a great christmas! Sapper

Dr Loot

December, 19, 2010 AT 4:21 PM

You Are Welcome, You Also have a Marry Christmas

Dr. Hagerty

Merry Chrismas. Just call me Mr spell check

Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Escape
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota
Oil and Filter Replacement BMW M5 2005-2010
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Coolant Drain and Refill Scion XD
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper