HEATER ISSUES, CUTS IN AND OUT

1999 Vauxhall Movano

Lonestar14

March, 19, 2012 AT 6:49 PM

First thing this morning I got in the van as usual and she fired first go. I drove into town to post a letter, and when I returned to the van and put the ignition on, the blowers wouldn't work. I drove for a while and suddenly they came back on. Then they went back off, then back on. It did it all day long, no fan, then blowing, then nothing. I went over a load of speed bumps in the town centre, could that havbe jolted something? There is heat coming out when they work and when the air just blows through. Any ideas please?

Thanks Jon.

Heater

fixitmr

March, 19, 2012 AT 6:58 PM

It's got more than 1 blower motor?

fixitmr

March, 19, 2012 AT 7:03 PM

When this happens tap on motor/housing and see if this makes it work. If so, brushes are worn stuck.

Lonestar14

March, 19, 2012 AT 7:04 PM

Um, sorry, am I being dense? A lose connection to the motor, forgive my ignorance.

Lonestar14

March, 19, 2012 AT 7:05 PM

Oh I see, is the housing directly above ther heater itself? Sorry, still being a bit thick.

fixitmr

March, 19, 2012 AT 7:06 PM

Also check wiring connectors on blower resistor and blower itself.

Lonestar14

March, 19, 2012 AT 7:07 PM

I'm with you, thanks

rivermikerat

March, 23, 2012 AT 7:05 PM

Especially the ground. These tend to wiggle loose. It'll be a single wire, either brown, black, or green. It may be secured with a bolt to the body, or it may be plugged directly into the bottom or side of the blower motor housing, which should be under the passenger side of the dash.

Lonestar14

March, 23, 2012 AT 7:21 PM

Thanks for this, very helpful indeed, its still doing it, off and on, off and on, and by my reckoning, max output from level 3 on the dial of gusting is under performing now, its a breeze not a blast now, as if it cant be bothered any more.

rivermikerat

March, 24, 2012 AT 4:06 AM

It could be multiple issues. One being a loose or worn connector/connection, the other being increased resistance from the blower resistor.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Replace Heater Core