WIRE COMING FROM UNDER AC COMPRESSOR HAS VOLTAGE, WHERE DOES IT GO?

1999 Toyota Sienna

Scubafly

July, 8, 2012 AT 10:39 PM

I have recently replaced the head gaskets on my 99 Sienna. I did not however take it apart. After everything was put back together, there was a wire coming from underneath the AC compressor that looks black and yellow, it is a live wire (sparked when grounded) and is zip tied to the wires leading up to the fan. I looked everywhere for where this wire connects to but can't find ANYTHING. The AC does not work, the AC light blinks, and the fans don't seem to come on either. Where does this wire go and what does it do?

saturntech9

July, 8, 2012 AT 10:51 PM

Does the check engine light come on?If so the codes could lead you to where the wire goes.I would also have it scanned for codes even if the light isnt on.

Scubafly

July, 8, 2012 AT 10:54 PM

Yes it does come on sometimes. I haven't driven it much since I can't tell if the fans are working and when the gaskets blew last time, the ECT sensor did not show the engine overheating. Though I found out it did lose it's coolant so it was probably measuring vapor. I will try to get a computer and check the codes.

saturntech9

July, 8, 2012 AT 10:59 PM

Sounds good keep me posted.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet