COROLLA WONT START

1999 Toyota Corolla

xrik

Corolla won't start. My battery is fine, I performed a load test and it is not the problem. When I turned the ignition on, I have no electrical anywhere. No dash lights, no headlights, no interior items like horn etc. I replaced the ignition switch because I had a similar problem with my 1999 Tacoma that fixed the problem, but no luck. After replacing the ignition switch I still have no power anywhere.

caradiodoc

Check the connections on the two smaller battery wires. The negative one is bolted to the body. The positive one typically bolts to the under-hood fuse box.

xrik

January, 15, 2013 AT 12:43 AM

Cardiodoc, you are a genius! I tighten the cables and tinkered and it started right up. I will need to replace the pos & neg battery cables, but should be ok. Thanks again. How can I Paypal you some money? I would like to send you $25.00 for your help. Rick B

xrik

January, 15, 2013 AT 12:45 AM

Typo, I will need to replace the pos & neg battery cables, but should be ok. : )

caradiodoc

January, 15, 2013 AT 1:01 AM

I only know a few dozen things and that was one of them. My dart board has to be right once in a while!

I like that anyone can ask questions for free, but the site owners appreciate any donations. It helps them cover the costs of keeping the site going, but they share with us, and we are grateful, especially when you've unemployed for four years. Thank you for the kind words.

xrik

January, 15, 2013 AT 1:53 AM

How do I donate to the sight? I did not find any links? Thanks again!

Rick

caradiodoc

January, 15, 2013 AT 3:00 AM

Thanks again for your faith in my brains.

Replace Ignition Switch
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000