MY QUESTION IS, WHAT SHOULD I CHECK FOR DAMAGE? I DON'T WANT TO DRIVE IT UNTIL I KNOW FOR SURE.

1999 Toyota Camry

Rayasunshine

July, 21, 2012 AT 5:32 PM

I own a 1999 Toyota Camry. I got my oil changed about 2 weeks ago. The other night, the car died. I thought the battery died so we jumped it and attempted to finish driving home. On the way tons of smoke came out of the exhaust and hood. Opened the hood and the exhaust area was glowing red hot. Had the car towed and discovered there was about twice as much oil as necessary.

hmac300

July, 21, 2012 AT 5:46 PM

Drain the oil to correct level first. Then start car up and let run, check for odd noises and see if exaust still red. The converter may have been destroyed. Save all oil removed from pan to take back to oil change place and see if you can get money back

Rayasunshine

July, 21, 2012 AT 5:47 PM

Thank you so much!

July, 21, 2012 AT 6:49 PM

Just t throw another opinion, it has been 2 weeks. Are you sure it did not overheat and the additional fluid is coolant in the oil?

Rayasunshine

July, 22, 2012 AT 3:53 AM

I'm not really sure but the temperature gauge never went to hot.

Open Hood Video
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Wiper Blade Replacement Scion XD
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Windshield Wiper Replacement