MY LOW BEAMS DO NOT WORK BUT HIGHS DO

1999 Toyota 4Runner

flsurfrstuckinnc

March, 25, 2012 AT 1:04 AM

I have a 1999 4runner ltd and my low beam headlights do not work but my high beam lights do work. I have checked my fuses and bulbs and they work. My relay on the steering column still clicks when I switch from low to high and the relay under the hood is still good. When I moved the steering column itself up and down they worked for a week but now do not. What could be the problem? I do not want to take my car to an electrician without an idea because I feel I could get charged more than I should. Thank you.

billymac

March, 25, 2012 AT 1:13 AM

Hi where your dimmer is on the side of your steer coloumn this is connected to a switch inside the coloumn through the years especially on tilt wheels these wires on this switch fray crack and eventually break. Or the switch just wears out. This is called a multifuntion switch usually from 80 - 200 dollars depending on the car. Not a big deal to change. Some cars the steer wheel has to be removed some not. Good luck

Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini