MY LOW BEAMS DO NOT WORK BUT HIGHS DO

• Flsurfrstuckinnc
  • 1999 TOYOTA 4RUNNER

I have a 1999 4runner ltd and my low beam headlights do not work but my high beam lights do work. I have checked my fuses and bulbs and they work. My relay on the steering column still clicks when I switch from low to high and the relay under the hood is still good. When I moved the steering column itself up and down they worked for a week but now do not. What could be the problem? I do not want to take my car to an electrician without an idea because I feel I could get charged more than I should. Thank you.

Sunday, March 25th, 2012 AT 1:04 AM

• Billymac

Hi where your dimmer is on the side of your steer coloumn this is connected to a switch inside the coloumn through the years especially on tilt wheels these wires on this switch fray crack and eventually break. Or the switch just wears out. This is called a multifuntion switch usually from 80 - 200 dollars depending on the car. Not a big deal to change. Some cars the steer wheel has to be removed some not. Good luck

Sunday, March 25th, 2012 AT 1:13 AM