WHAT WOULD CAUSE THIS TO ONLY RUN WHEN PUTTING GAS IN THE INTAKE

• mistybalogh24
  • 1999 Subaru Outback

When I put gas in the intake it will run but as soon as I stop putting gas in the intake it stalls out what is the problem I am about to scrap it because I can't figure it out.

Thursday, August 16th, 2012 AT 9:28 PM

• rasmataz

-Check the fuel pressure with a gauge to rule out the fuel pump and fuel filter if okay-injectors might not be pulsing

Thursday, August 16th, 2012 AT 9:38 PM
  • mistybalogh24

If the fuel injectors are good what would cause the connectors to not pulsate we took it to auto zone and they said 2 and 4 had low circuits so we changed them spark plugs and it still wont run at all we had to spray gas in the intake to keep it running as soon as you stop sprayin it in there it stops running

Thursday, August 16th, 2012 AT 10:58 PM
  • mhpautos

Fuel delivery problem I would say, check fule pressure first.

Friday, August 17th, 2012 AT 1:35 AM
  • Tech 1M

Fuel pump is faulty or clogged line, you will see a hose on the lhs of engine going into the fuel filter, at the top will be printed TANK pull that hose out and crank engine, any fuel coming out?And at what rate between 0-5%?Or firstly turn the key to on position NOT cranking and listen for fuel pump priming, you'll hear a grinding noise yeah?

Sunday, August 26th, 2012 AT 7:02 AM