DASHBOARD IS OUT

1999 Subaru Forester

eggo

May, 4, 2009 AT 12:56 AM

1999 Subaru Forester All Wheel Drive Manual

My dashboard recently stopped working-no speedo, odo, tach, turn signals, all the lights except for the 'open door' light, hazard indication and gas gauge. Also power windows are out.

Headlights still work, as do hazards, brakelights, inside lights, wipers.

The car started a few times but recently stopped starting after the hazards were on for ~40 min. Any ideas?

Rosieday

July, 3, 2009 AT 1:23 AM

Hello, this has just happened to me! Can you give me any advice?

eggo

July, 3, 2009 AT 7:36 PM

So first off, most of this was controlled by the fuse corresponding the 'meter' under the hood. If you check the manual, you can find out which fuse that is. My problem was after I replaced it, it pretty much blew again immediately. I took it to a shop and the guys found that some of the wiring from the speedo had worn off and was flapping around under the hood, and would short the circuit, causing the hood to blow. I got the wiring fixed for 4 hours of labor ($196) and haven't had a problem with it since.

Rosieday

July, 4, 2009 AT 7:09 PM

This is a really big help!

larrypurcell2003

November, 10, 2011 AT 10:12 PM

I have the same issue but I checked the meter fuse and it is good but yet I have no spedo, no odo, temp gauge and my windows do not work it started for a while but now when I try to start it it just turns over but will not start and if I spray starting fluid into the air intake system it will start but shuts off after the fluid runs out

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Open Hood Video
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Dynamat Door Installation