DRIVER DOOR LOCK

1999 Saturn SL1

Eric99SL1

99 SL1, the driver door lock switch is bad and is causing the other locks to click and I am replacing the switch currently but I have seperate problem. I believe the door lock mechanism might be failing too. I can only lock the driver door with the key from the outside, the door will not lock from the lock buttons or remote. I have looked and I believe all the rods are in place like they should be. Is there a way to replace the key/lock mechanism?

Check/Test door relays and the keyless remote module

Eric99SL1

June, 25, 2012 AT 7:14 PM

So I replaced my passenger and driver side power door lock switches and the clicking stopped. There is spring that keeps the buttons centered so they will not constantly try to lock or unlock and that is what goes bad. Unfortunately this did not fix the driver door only locking and unlocking with the key. I have completely disabled my remote and do not use the keyless entry. I will be removing the door skin and inspecting the mechanism because it is rather hard to see how it actually works from behind the interior door panel. I'll keep you updated.

Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement