MOTOR RUNNING

1999 Saturn

Luciana1984

February, 17, 2011 AT 8:58 PM

I noticed that my car's motor was still going on when I stopped and put on 'park'. I tried putting on 'drive' and it would stop, but on 'park' it's working like I still had my foot on the pedal. What do u think that could be? The panel shows that the motor is running.

Wiring Issue?

saturntech9

February, 17, 2011 AT 9:00 PM

So your saying in park it has a high idle?Any code's?I also need to know what model saturn you have?

February, 17, 2011 AT 9:14 PM

Check for vacuum leaks and also if the throttle plate is fully closed if not, it will make the engine diesel/run-on

Luciana1984

February, 17, 2011 AT 9:32 PM

I dont know, I can check on my insurance card later and then I'll write it here. That happens only in park, in reverse or drive it is normal.

saturntech9

February, 17, 2011 AT 9:37 PM

So in park you have a high idle?Or are you saying that when you turn the key to the off position the engine keep's running?Also go to a auto part's and have them scan your car for code's and let me know the exact number's if you have any.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda Element
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang
Engine Oil Change and Filter