I AM HAVING DIFFICULTY SHIFTING

1999 SAAB 9-5

alancathy

November, 16, 2012 AT 4:37 PM

I am having difficulty shifting. My 1999 saab 9-5 4 cylinder turbo. My clutch pedal goes to the floor, I believe it is a fluid problem. I know the mastercylinder has a chamber for brakes and a chamber for the clutch. Is there another chamber for the clutch or a clutch cylinder other than the one that is inside the trans. If I start the car up in gear, it will buck forward and take off.

saturntech9

November, 16, 2012 AT 5:30 PM

The clutch Master just uses the brake master cylinders tank to supply fluid to the clutch master and slave cylinder. The slave cylinder sits inside the clutch housing of the transmission. Look under the car where the transmission meets the engine that's the clutch housing. Is the clutch housing all wet?

alancathy

November, 19, 2012 AT 2:29 PM

Thanks for your reply, there is no fluid leaving from the slave cylinder it is dry. Also the master cylinder is full and never leaked or low on fluid, is there a another cylinder that works the clutch? Or it may be the brake/clutch master cylinder
when I get the car moving I jam it into another gear the clutch will not slip

saturntech9

November, 19, 2012 AT 9:01 PM

You have a failed clutch master and or failed clutch slave cylinder the clutch master would be a lot easier to change.

alancathy

November, 23, 2012 AT 4:36 AM

Where is the clutch master and how do I remove it, Is it under the clutch petel.

saturntech9

November, 23, 2012 AT 5:20 AM

Its book d to the clutch pedal what size 4cyl engine do you have?

alancathy

November, 23, 2012 AT 4:14 PM

2.3 Turbo 5 speed 1999. I was at a salvage yard and the saab there had the motor & trans removed & the clutch
pedel had more pressure on it more than mine does, I did buy the brake master cylinder I thought it would control the clutch because the fliud is in it.

saturntech9

November, 23, 2012 AT 6:37 PM

So how did it work with the used clutch master?

alancathy

November, 24, 2012 AT 2:11 AM

I can not get the hose or pipe out of the rear of the clutch master, can not find any clip that may hold it in, Do you disconect it from the bleeder valve at trans. And take the 15 inch hose together

saturntech9

November, 24, 2012 AT 2:31 AM

Heres what I have for replacing the clutch master it should help you figure it out.

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement Like a Pro
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front