CAR WILL TURN OVER AND RUN FOR A FEW SECONDS AND STALL

1999 Porsche 911

Paulr

February, 22, 2012 AT 12:27 AM

Had the heads rebuilt by a top shop when they were installed now the car will turn over and run for a few seconds and die. The heads were rebuilt 100 percent new gaskets. The car was down about a month. When u try and start it it runs rough for a few seconds and dies. It doesn't run long enough to build compression. It seems like a security problem except it did run for about 2 minutes once. I am a transmission and motor builder bit this is my first Porsche. It is a 99 911 carrera. Any ideas

February, 22, 2012 AT 12:31 AM

You sure the valve timing is correct? If okay check fuel pressure

Paulr

February, 22, 2012 AT 3:19 AM

I'm as sure as I can be. I timed it off info from online. Any suggestions

February, 22, 2012 AT 11:51 AM

Did you put piston no.1 on its compression stroke/TDC and align the cam and crank sprockets as indicated in the repair manual? Also did you check the fuel pressure with a gauge to confirm the pressure if its within specs?

Paulr

February, 22, 2012 AT 4:11 PM

It's settings cam sensor a code out of range or performance.

February, 22, 2012 AT 8:33 PM

If its popping a camshaft sensor double check the wiring and the computer before you replace it-

Paulr

February, 23, 2012 AT 3:08 AM

Yeah that's what I did. It took awhile to figure out which one was cam sensor a. Thank u

Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement