WELL I WAS DRIVING TO WORK BOUT A FEW WEEKS AGO ...

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Miked22

November, 18, 2012 AT 3:44 PM

Well I was driving to work bout a few weeks ago and the car just shut off on me haven been able to get it to start since. The engine cranks juts won't turn over I put brand new spark plugs and a new ignition control module in but still nothing. All the fuses are good. Any ideas or anything I can troble shoot to get to the problem. I don't wanna just start pulling and replacing parts if not necassary. Any help would be very appriciated thanks

November, 18, 2012 AT 3:49 PM

You already did with the part.

Start with basics, compression, fuel pressure and spark. Find out what is missing and we move forward.

It would also help if we new the engine size as well.

Miked22

November, 18, 2012 AT 4:38 PM

Well the fuel pump is getting plenty of pressure and iam getting a spark. The engine size is 2.2

November, 18, 2012 AT 4:39 PM

What is the pressure exactly?

Miked22

November, 18, 2012 AT 4:58 PM

Honestly not sure the exact pressure. We took the fuel line apartto see if there was plenty of fuel coming through and there was. Don't have any tools to check the exact pressure or the money. Just trying to get some ideas on what it might be next. I had a friend hook it up to a computer and he said the ignition module got a new one and still nothing. Sorry if iam not helping you help me much