WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH MY CAR? IT KEEPS STALLING AS I AM DRIVING AND I LOSE POWER STEERING AND POWER BRAKES?

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

sgarner12

October, 5, 2011 AT 7:16 PM

I had my car looked at about 2 months ago and they removed a wire and the car quit stalling but on my way home today it did it again 4 times. While I am driving it stalls then the power steering is gone and the power breaks are gone making it impossible to steer and brake.

October, 5, 2011 AT 7:48 PM

Lets check and monitor the fuel pressure if its within specs if there's a problem with the fuel pump it will show up as a sore thumb-do this 1st

October, 5, 2011 AT 7:51 PM

Removed a wire? Does not sound right. There are so many things that could cause this and it is difficult to diag it here. It could be a fuel pump failing, vacuum leak, idle air control failure or some kind of power loss.

I recommend you take it some place different as you need someone who will fix your car not bandaid it.

Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer