WINDOW WONT ROLL DOWN

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix

importtuner

March, 12, 2012 AT 10:58 PM

I think I found the problem, here is the window motor, there are supposed to be 2 metal wires attached to it but one of them is off and it does not look repairable, the one im talkin about is the one on the left at the top of the motor that is not connected to it.

rivermikerat

March, 12, 2012 AT 11:05 PM

I see what looks like a black single conductor waterproof rubber connector just above what looks like a screw hole. It looks like it should plug in opposite the identical connector on the motor assembly.

importtuner

March, 13, 2012 AT 12:34 AM

The picture is backwards my mistake, the two that connect at the top of the motor are actually one cable wire that loops around on the inside and the cable broke apart so is that why my window dont move along with the motor.

rivermikerat

March, 13, 2012 AT 12:48 AM

You should have 2 wires, one to cause the window to go up and the other to reverse polarity and roll the window down.

importtuner

March, 13, 2012 AT 12:52 AM

I just looked it over, there is two of them but one of them has broke.

rivermikerat

March, 13, 2012 AT 1:06 AM

Can you splice it?

importtuner

March, 13, 2012 AT 9:06 PM

What do u mean by splice it.

rivermikerat

March, 14, 2012 AT 9:44 PM

Join them. Using a butt splice.

Or by twisting the ends together and covering them with tape.

importtuner

March, 28, 2012 AT 10:22 PM

Can I buy a new cable for it or do I have to buy a whole new window regulator and motor assembly.

rivermikerat

March, 29, 2012 AT 1:32 AM

That I don't know. I would call either a junkyard or a dealer and find out what will work, then go get one from a pick yourself lot.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Brake Light Bulb Replacement