MY WINDOW ON MY PASSENGER DOOR WONT ROLL BACK UP.

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix

importtuner

March, 2, 2012 AT 4:28 AM

Its the front passenger door window, I rolled it down and now when I press the button to roll it back up it wont come up and the window is all the way down.

Jacobandnickolas

March, 2, 2012 AT 4:30 AM

Check to see if there is power to the motor. If there is, check the motor. If no power, check the switch for power.

importtuner

March, 2, 2012 AT 4:58 AM

When I press it down like to roll it down there is a click noise, but it just wont come back up. And its cold cause its winter

Jacobandnickolas

March, 2, 2012 AT 5:11 AM

Have you checked to see of there is power to the motor when you try to wind it up?

importtuner

March, 2, 2012 AT 5:19 AM

Well it just did it like 1 hour ago, when I press the button the motor dont even make a sound like the other window does.

March, 2, 2012 AT 5:29 AM

CAN YOU ASSIST IT BACK UP?

LIKE WITH YOUR HANDS, AND THE BUTTON PUSHED?

IF SO---THE MOTOR MAY HAVE PLASTIC PELLETS IN IT--SORTA LIKE A CLUTCH OR CUSHION WHEN IT BOTTOMS OR TOPS OUT

ON FORD MOTORS OF THE 70s AND 80s---YOU COULD REPLACE THE CHEWED UP PELLETS WITH 3 BALL BEARINGS AND WAH-LAH---IT WAS FIXED!

importtuner

March, 2, 2012 AT 5:32 AM

The window is all the way down in the door so am I gonna have to take the panel off to assist it back up.

saturntech9

March, 2, 2012 AT 5:37 AM

You can use a test light to check and see if you have a bad switch which would be easier then pulling the panel if its the switch. Also those motors dont have pellets they have a thermal breaker to shut the motor off when fully up and fully down.

importtuner

March, 4, 2012 AT 12:30 AM

Can anyone get me a manual or a tell me how to take the door panel off on this particular model.

saturntech9

March, 4, 2012 AT 12:49 AM

So you tested the window switch to rule that out?Just trying to save you the hassle of pulling the door panel for nothing.

importtuner

March, 4, 2012 AT 12:52 AM

Yes I did and it wasnt the switch so can some one just tell me how.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet