NO DASHBOARD LIGHTS NO RUNNING LIGHTS IN BACK ...

• Anonymous
  • 1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette

No dashboard lights, no running lights in back, brake lights work, turn signals work, reverse lights work. Lights all flash when doors are locked with keyfob

Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 AT 7:33 AM

• mhpautos

Check that the fuse for the parker or running lights has not blown, check the power flow with a test light both sides of the fuse to be sure it is ok, let me know what you find, I would be hoping that is just a simple fuse blown, start here.

Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 AT 8:03 AM
  • bartrusson

I should have added, fuses all check out good, headlights work and with drivers door open there is a quick chime even though key is not in ignition and lights are not on

Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 AT 3:26 PM
  • rasmataz

Inspect and test the Park lamp fuse no.20 amp in the underhood accessory junction block and the headlamp/IP and dimmer switch-See below wiring diagram

Saturday, November 10th, 2012 AT 10:47 PM
  • rasmataz

Also have the body control module checked/tested

Saturday, November 10th, 2012 AT 11:00 PM
  • MichaelJack

I have had the same exact issue down to every detail you described. If I jiggle one of the smaller wire bundles just above the battery to the right of the fuse block everything works. Haven't yet been able to track down the proper fix.

Thursday, November 22nd, 2012 AT 2:09 AM