How can you bypass the anti-theft/unlock button on the key pad to get the car to start?

CHEFTEL71
  • 1999 OLDSMOBILE INTRIGUE

Both of my key remotes are broke when I put the key in the ignition everything turns on except the car. What can I do to bypass this feature? I have a 1999 olds. Intrigue 3800.

Wednesday, July 4th, 2012 AT 5:11 AM

ASEMASTER6371

Did you have it checked to find the failure? Did you try another key? Is the check engine light on?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Wednesday, July 4th, 2012 AT 2:26 PM
CHEFTEL71

I tried both keys and they both turn on but the car wont start. No the check engine light is not on. I drove to a store, when I came out couldnt get the remote to work. I changed the batteries & resynced the remotes still nothing. Does anyone know what the black button is for under the drivers side dash?

Wednesday, July 4th, 2012 AT 3:49 PM
SATURNTECH9

The black button under the dash does it look factory?It sounds like a aftermarket alarm vallet button to temporally disable the alarm. Also have you tried taking apart the remotes and cleaning the inside of the buttons?Are they factory remotes or for a aftermarket alarm system?

Wednesday, July 4th, 2012 AT 4:05 PM